- Locate the area of interest by using the Search feature.
- Select the Mosaic - select from available aerial imagery, then click Next to define the extent of your required image.
- Confirm image extent, capture date and ground resolution. Click Next to preview your image, select image format, check image output properties (including Datum and Projection), file size and cost. Then Add to cart.
- Review your shopping cart and click Next.
- Enter your details.
- Check and confirm your order.
- Print your receipt.
You may also want to read the Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Locate the area to capture
To start your order, you will need to locate your area of interest using the Locate a Property section. There are multiple ways to search depending on the details about the property location you have on hand.
The addresses or search results found will be listed and the best match will automatically be displayed in the map view window. You can view your selected area of interest as a map, an aerial image, or a combination of both.
Note: If no address or search result is found, a close match to the address or details specified will appear in the list instead. If no result is suitable, you can choose to re-enter your search criteria.
When you are happy with the area of interest, click onto the Buy Aerial Photo button to start ordering your image.
2. Select the Photo
This step allows you to define the extents of your image and select the aerial imagery you want to view and/or purchase.
1. Select the mosaic you wish to view and/or from which to buy your imagery from.
The most recent image is selected by default. You can choose from older imagery which varies in resolution, by selecting from the mosaics available on the list. If you select a different mosaic the image displayed in the map window will change accordingly.
The aerial mosaics in the list shows those that are relevant for your location. They are listed in order of when the aerial images were captured (with the most recent image appearing at the top of the list). You can click on the mosaic option and hold the mouse over the mosaic name to see the resolution, ground measurement, accuracy statement and capture date.
Once you are happy with your selection, select the Next button.
2. Select the area you want.
If you want to purchase the aerial imagery displayed in the entire map window, just select the Next button.
Alternatively, you can purchase a section of an aerial image (e.g. cnr Hay St and William St in the 'Perth CBD'), by 'cutting out' the section of the aerial image displayed in the map window. This can be done by using the scissors tool on the toolbar to 'draw' a square/rectangular-shaped box around the desired area of photograph. This box should be visible in the map window and confirms the section being ordered.
Note: if you wish to reset your area of interest, simply redraw your box and the selection will reset.
You can go back to the previous step by selecting the Back button .
When you are happy with your selection, select the Next button.
3. Specify and confirm the imagery
To specify how you wish to have your photography delivered to you, just follow the steps below:
1. Confirm the format of image you require from the selection available in the image format field.
There are four image formats to choose from:
- JPEG (or JPG) format (default)
- ECW format
- JPEG2000 (*.jp2) format
- GeoTIFF format
2. The photography displayed on screen, will be based on the default properties of the source image (i.e. the original mosaic that the image was taken from). To change the ground resolution, click the 'view advanced output properties' link to make the appropriate changes.
Changing the default ground measurement of your aerial imagery will alter the price and quality of your image. To find out more, see Will the size of the photography that I buy affect how it is delivered?
3. Review the cost of your photography. The uncompressed size of your aerial image (in megabytes) will affect the cost. Therefore, if the dimensions of your image change, the size (and consequently the cost) of your image requested will all also change.
Altering the ground measurement/resolution of your image will affect size, quality and cost of the image. Refer to Landgate’s online aerial imagery pricing for more information.
4. Select 'next' to add your aerial imagery product to the shopping cart. You will also be able to review the contents of your entire order.
4. Review Shopping Cart
You can view the contents of your order at any point throughout the ordering process by selecting the shopping cart button . All products you have selected for purchase are listed, with the delivery type and cost of each product noted alongside each entry. A subtotal of the cost of all products in your order (excluding any delivery charges) is also displayed.
You can remove any unwanted items from your shopping cart by selecting the rubbish bin icon shown alongside the product you wish to remove. Once this icon is selected, you will be prompted to confirm that you wish to remove the selected item from the trolley before the item is removed completely.
From the 'review cart' screen you can choose to either 'continue shopping' or to proceed to the 'your details' screen by selecting the next button.
Note: Regarding delivery of aerial imagery products, delivery is determined by the size of the image. For further details on how this is determined, see Will the size of the photograph that I buy affect how it is delivered?
5. Your details
To process your order, Landgate needs your contact details and your credit card details. We will only contact you if there is an issue with the order.
Be sure to enter the correct email address as this is where we will send the products you have ordered electronically as attachments (or as a download link), as well as your tax invoice. Select 'next' to proceed to the confirm order screen.
Note: If you have a MyLandgate account and this payment method is not visible, see How can I pay online? for further details.
6. Confirm your order
Take some time to check the details of your order. You can change the details by pressing the 'back' button or by clicking on the relevant step in the progress bar along the top of the screen.
The total cost of your order, including any relevant delivery charges, is displayed at this screen. To confirm your order, select the 'submit' button.
Upon placing your order for aerial imagery, you will need to accept the terms and conditions for its use. For more details on this, see Are there any terms and conditions about how I use the photograph I buy?
Note: Once you have submitted your order you cannot request any further changes to your order or your details. Be sure that you have revised your order before submitting.
A processing payment screen will be displayed whilst we are confirming your payment details.
There is some very important information given to you on the receipt screen:
- The Landgate request number is used to track your order and will assist us in easily identifying your order, if any problems are encountered during the delivery process.
- Your bank receipt number is your record of payment. If there are any problems with your credit card, you will need this number when you speak to your bank.
You may wish to print this page for your records. However, an invoice will be provided with the email delivery of your order. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Team and have your request number on hand, if you have not received your photography product via email within 30 minutes.