Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Lodgement turnaround times

The lodgement Turnaround Times (TAT) reflect the time it takes, in business days, for a document to be examined after it has been lodged. These timings include both electronic and paper lodged documents and are updated daily.

Over 75% of all documents are registered via the electronic process. If a document is lodged electronically and is all in order (AIO), it will be registered within 20 seconds of lodgement at Landgate. The remaining 25% are examined manually, often requiring clarification or contact with the lodging party and therefore, take longer to register.

Common cause of delays

Where a document is incomplete or incorrect, a requisition notice for further information will be sent to the lodging party. This may extend the time taken for registration beyond the average TAT listed below.

If your document type is not listed below then it may take longer than 40 days.

If you have a document that is time sensitive, it may be possible to have it completed sooner than the average turnaround time through our expedite process.

Turnaround Times

Dealings Document type Average Turnaround* Electronic lodgement
Discharge of Mortgage (D) 15 Within 20 seconds if AIO
Transfer of Land (T)

15

Within 20 seconds if AIO
Mortgage (M) 15 Within 20 seconds if AIO
Caveat (C) 15 Within 20 seconds if AIO
Withdrawal of Caveat (WC) 15 Within 20 seconds if AIO
Application to Change Name (AN) 9 Within 20 seconds if AIO
Application by Survivor (ND) 10 TBA
Transmission Application (TA) 10 TBA
Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) 10 TBA
Other Crown / Freehold Dealings

11 to 102

 

 

New Titles and Plans1 Document type Average Turnaround* PEXA/Sympli
Freehold New Title dealings (including Strata Titles)2 16 NA
High Priority (Priority rating 3) Plans (including Strata Plans) in Freehold Plan Examination (based on lodged DP and Strata Plans) 1 NA
Medium Priority (Priority rating 2) Plans (including Strata Plans) in Freehold Plan Examination 11 NA
Low Priority (Priority rating 1) Plans (including Strata Plans) in Freehold Plan Examination 18 NA
Investigations and Corrections Average Turnaround
Simple Investigation - where a Typographical error to a name or address on a title has occurred 10 days
All other investigations are categorised as complex.3

The time to complete a Complex Investigation will be dependent on:

  • the nature and amount of investigation required of the matter,
  • whether additional evidence or information is needed and/or
  • whether legal advice is required.

*Turnaround times are in business days

*For more information on Plans priority definitions, please refer to SSP-18 Expediting Plans and Documents in the Land Titles Registration Policy and Procedures Guide. 

[1] If you have a document that is waiting on permissions and clearances from other agencies this will affect the turnaround time.

[2] This time frame is for new titles issued using the standard process and not utilising the ‘readiness to proceed' option.

(3) An update will be provided as your case progresses through the process however in the event your investigation is time sensitive please email InvestigationRequests@landgate.wa.gov.au

Tracking your lodgement

You may wish to track the progress of your lodgement through Land Enquiry Services. This is a free online service available through Landgate ; if you do not have an account you will need to register to access the Dealing Status Search function.

Alternatively, you may wish to subscribe to NotifyMe to receive automated email notifications providing status and location change updates for nominated dealings and plans.

As part of Landgate's commitment to continuous improvement, we welcome your feedback.

Please  contact us for further support. For assistance with preparing a document please access our the page how to make changes to a title.