Proposed Alternative Methodology
- The Valuer-General has committed to a review of the valuation calculation method (the methodology) to further address the outstanding issue of transparency, being the major frustration expressed by industry in the 2019 rent determination.
- The Valuer-General is proposing a methodology which more closely reflects the way that market participants (buyers and sellers) participate in the market.
- This would provide the clarity and transparency the industry is calling for.
- Investigations into alternative calculation methodologies include reviewing the previous work completed by the PRAWG.
- The following methodology proposed by the Valuer-General is the starting point for industry consideration and discussion.
Please email your feedback to ValuationServicesPastoralAndRural@landgate.wa.gov.au or directly to Pastoralists & Graziers Association (WA) and Kimberly Pilbara Cattlemen's Association.