1. Strata Company
On registration of a strata titles scheme, a strata company is established. The name of the strata company is “The Owners of (the name of the scheme and the strata/survey-strata scheme number).
The name of the strata titles scheme is the name stated in the scheme notice. The address for service of the strata company is the address for service stated in the scheme notice.
A strata company:
- is a body corporate; and
- has perpetual succession; and
- is capable of suing and being sued in its own name; and
- has, subject to the STA, all the powers of a natural person that are capable of being exercised by a body corporate.
- is governed by the council of the strata company
- may have a common seal, but it does not have to do so.
- is comprised of the owners for the time being of the lots in the strata titles scheme.