Skip to main content Skip to navigation

CIB 328: Further increased scope for electronic lodgement of land registry documents

Effective from 10 February 2020 you will be able to lodge the following transactions electronically for Crown land:

  • Mortgage (interest only)
  • Discharge of mortgage (interest only)
  • Caveat (land only, where the evidence supporting the claim is between the State of WA and the caveator)
  • Withdrawal of caveat (land or interest)
  • Transfer (land only)
  • Transfers creating conditional tenure land (conditions must be attached)
  • Transfers creating covenants (covenant must be attached).

Also effective from 10 February 2020, you will be able to lodge the following additional transactions electronically for freehold land:

  • Transfers creating a restrictive covenant (restrictive covenant must be attached)
  • Transfers creating an easement (easement must be attached)
  • Transfers where a party in the transaction is considered an incapable person pursuant to a State Administrative Tribunal order (SAT order and statutory declaration(s) must be attached).

Please note the following:

  • Paper lodgement of all documents containing the additional scope detailed in CIB 327 and this CIB (328) will be accepted until 30 March 2020.
  • In-flight transactions will not be affected and documents containing the increased scope dated prior to 30 March 2020 will continue to be accepted in paper.
  • Documents exempt from fees under Schedule 2 of the Transfer of Land Regulations 2004 will continue to be accepted for paper lodgement.
  • Where consent is required for a Crown land document, the consent must be attached to the document. If there is no ability to attach evidence for the Crown document within an Electronic Lodgement Network (ELN), the document will continue to be accepted for paper lodgement.
  • For a full list of eligible transactions please refer to Eligible documents for paperless conveyancing.
  • The new electronic change of name document will be available to subscribers representing a proprietor/ interest holder of Crown land. For more information please refer to CIB 327.

If you have any questions, please email:


Jean Villani

Registrar of Titles