Choose a report
Single property reports provide the ‘All’ option. All other sales reports provide two options:
All Includes all sales and non-sales related transactions that change ownership on a title.
Only Sales Records Includes sales records only, which excludes non-sales related transaction types. Landgate's Billing Account customers can tailor *selected property reports to display ownership details for Only Sales Records, additional charges apply.
The common non-sales related transaction types include:
- Application to change name. This occurs when the name of a proprietor changes on a certificate of title, for example when a person is married or divorced and changes their legal name
- Valuer adjudicated. These are sales that have been identified by the RevenueWA and flagged as ‘valuer adjudicated’ as a result of extraneous circumstances or conditions related to the sale.
- Application by a survivor. These occur when a deceased proprietor as a joint tenant needs to be removed from the certificate of title, for example when a surviving husband applies to remove his deceased wife’s name from the title.
- Transfers to add or remove proprietors. When proprietors are added or removed from a certificate of title, for example a person wants to add their partner to the title so that both their names are listed.
- Zero-dollar sales. The occasions when there is no monetary remuneration between the parties for the transfer of the property, for example parents gifting a property to their child.
Landgate maintains the official register of land ownership and survey information for the Western Australian State Government. This means that it is a public register and all land information contained in it is available to everyone.
Landgate only maintains the records for Western Australia. This includes the external territories of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, collectively known as the Indian Ocean Territories (IOT). For land information from other jurisdictions, please refer to these official government sites:
Landgate holds property sales information from 1988 onwards. MyLandgate Account or Registered users can tailor *selected property reports to display sales using a custom date range.
If a property has sold recently, or is subject to dealing, it may take up to 6 weeks for the registered sales and ownership information to be updated online.
A ** noted alongside the sale price indicates that the sales price is a combination of multiple properties and or chattels purchased by the same transaction. Landgate is unable to report the individual amount that was paid for each property within a multiple property sale.
A *** noted alongside a record on the sales report indicates that the record is a non-sales related record that changed ownership on a title.
A # noted alongside a record on the sales reports indicates that the property is a Leasehold Strata Title.
This is to advise that something is in the process of being lodged or happening with a title for a particular property. It may take up to 6 weeks for the registered ownership information to be updated online from the time of document lodgement. You may need to order another report at a later date to see the registered details of the dealing.
PLEASE NOTE: Where available pending sale information is provided in single sales reports.
Pending sales are sales that have not yet been recorded as registered sales at Landgate. Pending sales information is released from the week that settlement is due to occur. It can take up to 6 weeks from the date of settlement for a sale to appear as a registered sale.
Registered sales are sales that are have settled and been registered at Landgate to effect an official change in property ownership.
The date of sale used in Sales Evidence reports is the date that an Offer and Acceptance contract on a property was signed by the parties involved.
To subscribe to receive single sales reports on a regular basis, you must be a MyLandgate Account Customer.