- Strata.wa.gov.au has launched - offering the community a closer look at the most significant reforms to WA's strata framework in over 20 years
- Proposed regulations will be available for public comment from 1 September
Lands Minister Ben Wyatt has today announced public consultation will open in September on the changes to Western Australia's strata framework and this will include community information sessions for those interested in the reforms.
Changes on the way include better information for strata buyers, a more efficient process for resolving strata disputes and extensive improvements to how strata schemes are managed.
The reforms support better living options for WA's growing population, helping Government and industry to build and maintain diverse, affordable and sustainable communities.
WA has more than 300,000 strata properties and this number continues to grow, with more than half of our State's new land subdivisions strata titled over the last calendar year.
Strata titles include residential properties such as apartments, townhouses and units, as well as retail, commercial and industrial premises, and increasingly mixed use developments.
In 2020, the reforms will also introduce the new Community Titles Act 2018, bringing in a new form of land title known as a community title.
Comments attributed to Lands Minister Ben Wyatt:
"The reforms will make strata clearer and fairer for the growing number of West Australians who own, live or work in a strata property.
"They better reflect what our communities need from modern strata living and arrangements, updating legislation which hasn't been changed in over 20 years.
"Years of consultation has ensured that these changes will resolve the most common issues people are facing today and deliver a better strata system for the future.
"I encourage all those interested in what's being proposed in the regulations to get involved as we look to make these long-awaited changes a reality."
- Media releases Landgate releases new website to increase customer support Landgate has today launched a new, more efficient and customer-focused website ensuring a better online experience for its three million website visitors each year. 15 June 2023
- Media releases New Chair and members for Landgate Board 28 March 2023
- Media releases Location, location, location for innovative SPUR grant recipients 20 December 2022