Certificate of Title
Your starting point for land ownership information.
A Certificate of Title is a record of all current information relevant to a parcel of land, including current ownership details.
A Certificate of Title Contains:
- Volume / Folio details.
- Lot on Plan details.
- Current legal owner/s.
- Any registered encumbrances (including caveats).
Get a copy today
The quickest and easiest way to order a copy is online.
We will email you a PDF copy within minutes for a total of just $24.00*
A Certificate of Title does not include survey dimensions (eg. dimensions, angles, area) of the land. If you require the legal boundaries or survey dimensions, please refer to the
Using this Information
You can use this information when making a decision to purchase a property:
- Is there anything listed that could prevent a smooth settlement?
- Are there any encumbrances, caveats or notices recorded?
- Check for anything that could restrict your use or enjoyment of the property in terms of ownership rights.
- Is there anything listed that will compromise your ownership rights now or in the future?
- Stay informed of any activity relating to a Certificate of Title by subscribing to TitleWatch.
The Volume/Folio and Lot on Plan references are the key to unlocking other information related to the property. Using these details, Landgate can also:
- Provide copies of other documents listed, such as transfers, caveats, memorials, or a copy of the Survey Plan.
- Trace ownership back over many years to the first Title, Crown Grant or Deed.
Please note: Customers requiring previous ownership details should refer to the
Single Property Report. If a Title is subject to dealing, it may take up to 6 weeks from the time of document lodgement for information to updated online. Refer to FAQs for further Information You may also need a current copy of your Certificate of Title when:
- You need proof of land ownership.
- Seeking planning or building approval.
How Do I...?