Benefits of Working with Landgate
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who actively encourages Indigenous Australians, young people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
|To help us keep a diverse workforce, we strive to create an environment that enables our people to balance the demands of their job, family and other commitments such as study or community work with the need to maintain a healthy lifestyle. |
We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice and can offer you the following benefits.
We have taken a lead role in providing a healthy work-life balance for all our team. Some options include:
- Working any time, as long as operational requirements can be met. In consultation with your manager, you can vary your working hours, attendance patterns and working arrangements to best balance your work and personal commitments.
- Work from home arrangements where appropriate.
- Permanent part time arrangements are also available in most work areas.
- The provision of a family room when you need to care for immediate family or dependents in an emergency.
- Landgate won 2009 – 2010 National Work Life Balance Award.
To help you balance your work and lifestyle you are entitled to:
- Four weeks of annual leave per year with 17.5% leave loading.
- Purchase more additional annual leave, up to 10 weeks.
- 13 weeks long service leave every 7 years of continuous service.
- Personal leave which provides you with flexible, full pay leave for a variety of personal purposes such as sick leave and carer’s leave.
- Parental leave, including 14 weeks paid leave, with options on how and when you return to work.
- Leave for cultural and ceremonial events that may be taken from accrued leave entitlements.
Salary packaging allows you to use direct pre-tax income towards benefits such as car leases, superannuation or laptop computers and reduces the amount of tax you pay, giving you increased disposable income.
At Landgate, we have a strong commitment to provide growth and learning opportunities for all our team that will help you take greater control of your future. At Landgate you can take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Expressions of interests and acting prospects allowing you to broaden your work experience through on-the-job training in different types of jobs throughout the agency.
- Study leave is available with up to 5 hours paid leave per week to attend classes during working hours.
- Landgate’s leadership program aims to help guide the agency by identifying and developing the leadership skills of Landgate’s middle and senior leaders of tomorrow.
- Landgate’s graduate program is run annually and rotates graduates through the organisation to gain a variety of experience as well as providing intensive training and career development opportunities.
- External training courses and seminars to enable you to improve your skills and expertise.
At Landgate, we have a strong commitment towards community and promote and support our team members to take an active involvement in the local and wider community. We:
- Encourage you to become part of our School Community Industry Link Program Volunteers in the program are involved in activities such as reading programs in local schools.
- Support a variety of community efforts, charity days and events throughout the year.
- Have a workplace giving program that allows you to donate to your favourite charity form your pre-tax salary using direct debit.
- encourage you to become a blood donor and be paid up to 2 hours.
- Will pay you up to one day per year to undertake voluntary work.
- Also provide leave for volunteers of the State Emergency Service, Bush Fire Brigades and Defence Force Reserves.
At Landgate we know it is important to nurture your general wellbeing. All Landgate staff are invited to participate in a mix of fun and interesting work and lifestyle events and activities, such as massages, heart health checks and hearing checks.
Workshops have also been held that deal with various topics such as natural therapy and stress management.
Additionally, as part of our employee assistance program you and your immediate family will be eligible for a free, independent, confidential and professional counselling service.
In many ways Landgate is a world leader in what it does. To maintain this momentum, Landgate is committed to investing in innovation. A program has been established to promote innovation with opportunities for all staff to be involved.
As part of this program, an online forum has been created whereby staff can discuss innovative solutions to problems and new ideas for Landgate as a business. Staff are rewarded for their ideas and can be given the funding and support to realise their innovative dreams.
To find out more about our Innovation program, please click here
Our newly incorporated social club will be able to offer you a wide range of events and services.
Landgate has put a lot of effort into developing our Code of Conduct. Our Code of Conduct identifies the values Landgate considers most important in the way we carry out our business.
Our values are:
- Community Showing respect and taking responsibility in all actions and interactions.
- Excellence in everything we do and excellent people to do it.
- Creativity in what we do and how we do it.
- Growth and learning Growing our business and our people.
- Celebration and recognition of our staff, what we do and how we do it.
- Sustainability Contributing to a sustainable environment and providing a sustaining environment for our people.