Thank you for your interest in the position/s advertised by Landgate. The following is provided to assist with the prompt processing of your application.
Your application is the first step towards securing an interview. It therefore needs to meet certain requirements and should be of the highest standard.
Your application should include:
- A completed "Application for Vacancy Form”;
- A resume or curriculum vitae;
- Photocopies of your qualifications;
- Often you may need to provide responses to questions, or address various job related requirements – each recruitment process is different so please check carefully.
Please assist with the processing of your application by providing:
- All information requested on the "Application for Vacancy" form must be provided. You should also identify two (2) referees who can provide information on your work performance. If possible, one should be your current supervisor.
- If you are applying for several positions, please send completely separate applications for each position, unless the advertisement states that a single application is acceptable.
Addressing the selection considerations
Landgate vacancies often differ in what they want you to submit as part of your application. This may be from a simple CV and Covering Letter, through to answering specific questions or answering selection considerations for the particular role. In each case the information you provide must speak to the role and enable the selection panel to assess your application with regard to the job needing to be filled.
In order to gain an interview, your application must clearly and convincingly demonstrate your ability to meet the selection considerations for the position. This is the most important part of your application. The selection considerations are contained in either the "Job Description Form” or “Role Statement” (one of these will be attached to the job advertisement).
It is strongly recommended that you use each consideration as a heading to outline your relevant claims (approximately half to one page per criterion), include specific examples which demonstrate how you meet each consideration.
The Selection Panel chooses only the most competitive applicants for interview; therefore it is important to be clear and concise.
If you are contacted for an interview you may ask who will be on the selection panel and their job title. This will provide you with some useful information about the panel.
The questions asked in the interview will relate to the selection considerations for the position, and each applicant interviewed will be asked the same questions.
Some "do's" and "don'ts" for you to consider:
- Prepare yourself for the interview by re-reading the "Job Description Form" or “Role Statement”, selection considerations and your application;
- Focus on the selection considerations and think of specific relevant examples;
- Ask for clarification of a question if you're unsure of its meaning or the information the panel is seeking;
- Feel free to ask the panel any questions relevant to the position or the organisation; and
- Answer all questions fully.
- Assume that a panel member knows your suitability for the position; or
- Feel compelled to answer straight away - where possible, relate your answer to your own experiences.
All applicants are encouraged to seek feedback on their application and performance at the interview, for future reference. Feedback is generally obtained from the Selection Panel Convenor, but can also be provided by a panel member.
Information on how you may obtain feedback will be supplied in subsequent correspondence.
Eligibility to apply
Permanent residency is a pre-requisite for appointment to permanent staff. Non-permanent residents are eligible only for term appointments.
Lodgement of applications
Landgate now makes use of many electronic-based attract and selection tools. All of our vacancies are posted on the Jobs WA web site and applications are received through this site. An “Apply for job” button appears at the bottom of all advertisements on Jobs WA and enables an applicant to upload documents (preferably either MS Word or PDF formats) for their application after completing a basic set of details on an initial question page.
If you require any additional information about the position/s please contact the officer nominated in the advertisement.