Accountants and Financial Planners
Title Verification - Your first line of enquiry, not your last line of defence
It takes only minutes to check a Title online and ensure that you are fully compliant with regulations on how to treat, assess and verify your SMSF clients’ property assets.
Reduce Your Risk, Order a Certificate of Title
Verify ownership and check for any registered encumbrances on your clients' property assets by obtaining a Certificate of Title online by credit card. Or subscribe to My Landgate for a monthly account and access to additional functionality.
TitleWatch will Monitor your Clients’ Property Assets For You
Order TitleWatch, for a 12 month monitoring service that will alert you instantly should the status of a Title change.
Manage Your Risk with Document Registration
There are many other types of forms available as well as some useful Guides to help you to prepare registration documents.
The act of registration effects changes to the Land Titles Register and reduces ambiguities with ownership issues. Unregistered interests in land may result in a client’s loss of entitlement to the land or a client’s priority may be affected by an earlier registration. Document registration can form an essential part of your own risk management.
Refer to section 1.4 of our Land Titles Registration Practice Manual for more information about Searching the Register. Refer to section 1.13 of our Land Titles Registration Practice Manual for more information about the registration process.
- Complete the appropriate form (you may need to pay stamp duty).
- Lodgement must be undertaken in person or by post ( fees apply )
- Personal lodgements can be made at Landgate’s Midland, Cloisters or Bunbury offices.
- Documents cannot be faxed as original signatures need to be sighted.
- Landgate will keep all original documents.
- For Enduring Power of Attorney, you need to lodge two orginal signed copies; one will be returned.
- Documents must undergo the examination process which may take several days.
- Complex documents may take longer.
- Documents lodged by post will be returned by post unless instructed otherwise.
Accountants and financial planners should use their own skill and judgement in deciding what forms of title verification services should be undertaken for their clients. Information contained on the Landgate web site is for reference purposes only and should not be considered exhaustive. Individual personal circumstances have not been considered. Legal advice should be obtained by accountants and financial advisers to ensure compliance with regulations and professional standards.