A Landgate Copyright Licence protects Landgate’s copyright and intellectual property rights over and in respect of all of our land information or products. If you wish to use land information, or part of it, for other than internal use, you must obtain prior written consent from Landgate. If permission is granted, Landgate will issue a copyright licence outlining the terms and conditions that govern the use of the land information data.
- Cannot distribute, sell, licence, hire, let, trade or expose for sale or hire the information to another party;
- Cannot use the data for direct marketing and must comply with requirements of the Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988, and as amended 2002);
- Information is not to be altered or overprinted with additional information without permission;
- Vector data cannot be used interactively by third parties for copying, reproducing or downloading;
- A copy of any product compiled from, or including, land information must be forwarded to the Manager, Product Management Section, within Landgate; and
- You must make a new application for a licence if the specified time has expired or you wish to use the information in/for a new product.
- Any product containing copyright information is required to carry a notation: ‘Reproduced by permission of the Western Australian Land Information Authority, CL x/201x.’
Annual Copyright Licence fees are $129.00 (inc GST) and are payable in advance. Commissions may apply dependent upon the use of the land information.
Copyright Licence Application Form